Take a 24-day adventure into the heart and mind of Central America – hitting all the must-see spots, as well as hidden gems, in Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala and Belize. See the lava flow in Masaya Volcano National Park, tour Maya ruins at Copan archaeological site and Tikal National Park, cruise on Lake Atitlan and learn all about the fascinating deity San Simon, head to colourful markets by the memorable transport of a chicken bus, walk around colonial cities that are famous for their melding of ancient history and modern religion, go birdwatching in nature reserves, explore optional activities in Antigua, learn some Spanish so you can chat to the diverse locals and then kick back in Caye Caulker, where you end the journey on white sands surrounded by snorkelling opportunities and lazy, beach lifestyles.
Dates and availability
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1 in Granada. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please be careful when booking flights to Granada; make sure you fly to Managua - Augusto C. Sandino International Airport [MGA]. Managua’s Airport is the closest airport to Granada. Please do not book flights to Granada Airport [GRX] as this is in Spain.
4. As per updated Nicaragua entry requirements, customers are currently required to supply a copy of their passport front page to their booking agent no later than 15 days prior to departure.
5. Should you have any questions or need assistance with the Honduras pre-registration, your leader will be able to assist on Day 1 of your tour. For more information, visit the ‘Passports, visas and entry requirements’ section of the ‘Essential Trip Information.’
6. On your final day, you’ve got the power to choose where your adventure takes you. If you like, you can stay in Caye Caulker for another couple of nights relaxing beachside – we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability). Otherwise, jump on an included water taxi transfer from the Caye Caulker ferry port back to Belize City where you can also book additional nights’ accommodation, or where your leader can assist you to catch a taxi from the port to the airport for an onward connection. You will need to make your own way from your hotel in Caye Caulker to the ferry port. To allow for transfer times, please book a flight after 12 pm (midday).