Discover Borneo, one of the wildest places on the planet
Come face to face with Borneo’s remarkable wildlife on a 12-day Premium adventure. Travelling with a local leader means you’ll not only uncover Borneo’s natural wonders, but also its fascinating culture, history and ancient traditions. Journey to the jungles of Sabah and Sarawak, learn about the Iban way of life deep within Batang Ai National Park, get swept up in the frenetic energy of Kuching, connect with nature at the Kinabatangan River and visit an Orangutan rehabilitation centre in Sandakan. From dense rainforests to misty rivers and jungle valleys, this diverse island is a joy to explore.
Surround yourself with rich wildlife and wonderful creatures during two nights at the stunning and perfectly located Kinabatangan Wetland Resort, your Feature Stay accommodation.
Visit beautiful endangered orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, meet the Malaysian sun bear and take multiple cruises down the Kinabatangan in search of wildlife.
Gain unique insight into the Iban way of life during an Exclusive Experience where you stay in a rustic jungle lodge in the rainforests of Batang Ai, visit a traditional longhouse and chat to the locals about their culture.
Get a taste of Borneo’s diverse food scene during Exclusive Experiences, including dinner at a bustling food court that’s popular with locals, and a freshly caught seafood dinner after touring the seafood market.
Experience Borneo's beautiful natural surroundings with visits to local farms, waterfalls, National Parks, wildlife cruises, and more.
With internal flights, spend less time travelling and more time taking in the wildlife and natural beauty of your destinations. Travelling light is essential, as the included domestic flights have a strict 15kg maximum for check in luggage.
The accommodation varies from hotels to a jungle lodge. The jungle lodge is more basic than our standard hotels, including shared bathroom facilities. The unique location and close proximity to wildlife is what makes the jungle lodge special.
There will be a few walks included on this trip on forested paths that can get wet and slippery. Shoes with a good grip are highly recommended, and will also be useful for getting in and out of low rise long tail boats.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Borneo in Depth trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip except for nights 2 and 3 (Batang Ai) and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 15kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Eastern Sabah before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. Further information can be found in our "Safety" section of the Essential Trip Information. We also have links to prominent government travel advisories and any updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page http://www.peregrineadventures.com/en-au/travel-alerts
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
6. Please check and monitor for any entry requirements update through this website:https://covidprotocol.moh.gov.my/.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information