Take in the highlights of the unique flora- and fauna-rich islands of the Galapagos on this eight-day adventure. From rubbing shoulders with giant tortoises to gazing up in wonder at the spectacular blue-footed boobies’ synchronised fishing technique, the Galapagos offers the chance to see an abundance of rare creatures at close range. We’ll show you the best islands, coves and natural wonders, and give you plenty of time to explore (with local advice!) so you can spend your time the way you want. Snorkel with sea lions, swim with sea turtles and relax in paradise.
Dates and availability
1. Due to limited hotel availability, a single supplement is not available on this trip.
2. Intrepid offers a shorter version of this tour (search trip code GGRX), which doesn't include flights to and from Quito and starts in the Galapagos.
3. Full passport details are required at the time of booking. Please ensure all your details are correct and that they match your passport. The passport you travel with must match the booking details provided to us, otherwise, it could cause issues with your transit card and internal flights, resulting in purchasing a new card and flights at your own expense. This information is also necessary to purchase entry permits to certain sites. Please note that delays in providing this information could result in additional booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
4. At the Welcome Meeting on Day 1, you will need to pay your Leader $20 USD in cash for your Galapagos Transit Control Card.
5. Before you board your flight to the islands, at either Quito or Guayaquil Airports, you will have to check your luggage at the SICGAL counter, where they seal your checked bags, then proceed to the check-in counter of your respective airline.
6. The Galapagos park fee (US$100) and Isabela Port fee (US$10) are payable upon arrival to the islands (cash only). These amounts are in addition to your trip payment.
7. Please be advised that for the internal flights on this tour, the airline only provides a small snack. You may wish to take your own snacks as it is a long travel day.
8. Strict rules apply in the Galapagos Islands aimed at protecting and preserving its unique biodiversity. Intrepid strongly agrees and supports these rules, which range from times of the day that a destination can be visited to the distance kept between people and wildlife and especially not removing anything from the environment ( shells and corals, for example) – all these rules will be explained in more detail by your Leader on the ground. Not adhering to these rules can lead to hefty fines for travellers and can result in Intrepid losing the license to operate in the Galapagos Islands – these rules must be adhered to by all, without exception. Failure to adhere to the rules can result in being removed from the trip without a refund.
For more information, please follow this link: http://www.galapagos.org/travel/travel/park-rules/
Filter by rating