Cycle and escape in one of the UK's most dramatic landscapes
Cycle through Britain’s first National Park and explore the forested hills, sprawling heather moors and jagged rock formations that make the Peak District so truly spectacular. This four-day Intrepid Cycling experience offers a comfortable yet active way to get away from it all. Base yourself in the charming country village of Bamford and cycle your way over the scenic Winnats Pass, past the idyllic Laybower Reservoir and the National Trust Longshaw Estate, with ample time to meet the locals and discover friendly local pubs along the way. A countryside cycling escape awaits.
Book your next adventure and save with up to 20% off 2022 trips. Five days only, ends 4 July.Terms & Conditions
Cycle in one of the UK's most dramatic landscapes, the famed Peak District National Park – there are few better views than from handlebar height.
Marvel at 'the Shivering Mountain’, the brooding Mam Tor, and conquer the challenging Winnats Pass on a steep but stunning ride.
Enjoy the famous Peak District hospitality in the many small cafes and shops, and be sure to try one of the area’s famous puddings.
Indulge in a cool brew from the Intrepid Brewery at local pub as a refreshing reward for a day in the saddle.
Enjoy the ease of leaving your cycling shoes at the same comfortable, conveniently located accommodation each night.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Note that the exact routes taken each day can change depending on the weather and the fitness of the group.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short the stunning the terrain is naturally hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
As our riding on 'hybrid-style' bikes is done on a mix of mostly sealed roads and gravel cycle paths/tracks a reasonable level of cycling skills are required.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
As accommodation on this trip is multi-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details, and please note that in some hotels a single supplement exclusion applies where single rooms are not available.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the Peak District trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. There are certain departures in 2021 that start in nearby Hope or Castleton - please check the Joining Point information in the Essential Trip Information, or contact your booking agent to confirm the exact destination of your departure.
2. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
3. Bicycle hire (hybrid-style bikes) is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
6. As we always start and return to the same accommodation each day this trip does not have a support vehicle.
7. Accommodation is not included on day 4 of this trip and you will need to check out before commencing the final ride. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please enquire at time of booking.
8. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information