Get back to nature in a land that defies expectations
Jagged mountains, pristine glaciers and bright blue lagoons are just the tip of the iceberg in Chile’s Patagonia region. Spend five days exploring ancient caves, hiking through native forests, sailing in search of glaciers and watching out for wildlife in the diverse landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park and Bernardo O’Higgins National Park. Your base in the small city of Puerto Natales is the perfect place to put your feet up after an adventurous day and enjoy a glass of Chilean wine.
Travel with local Intrepid guides who will add another layer to your discoveries, taking care of the details and sharing stories about the scenery, wildlife and local culture.
Spending four nights in the lively little city of Puerto Natales, you’ll only have to unpack once, and you’ll have plenty of places to eat and relax when you’re not out exploring.
Join a local guide for a full day discovering the diverse landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park, taking in granite towers, waterfalls, native forests and iceberg-filled lakes.
Explore the Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers within Bernardo O'Higgins National Park, which can only be accessed by sea, cruising through the Ultima Esperanza fjord, passing by glaciers, waterfalls and small estancias.
Challenge yourself with a trek to Base Torres, or cruise around Lago Grey on a scenic boat tour.
This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip.
A good level of fitness is required to get the most out of the multiple treks available on this trip.
Weather in Patagonia can be wild, so it's important to prepare for all elements. Rain, wind and extreme cold are all part of the adventure. As a result of this wild weather the hikes and activities within Torres del Paine National Park may not always be possible, so if you are prepared to be a little flexible, you will have a great time!
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Patagonia Short Break - Torres Del Paine trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means the configuration of any fellow travelers in the group might change during the trip.
2. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own. This trip is operated by one of our local partners in Chile and therefore you may be joined by a mixture of Intrepid-booked passengers and other travellers during activities.
3. The maximum number of travelers is indicative of maximum number of travelers during join-in activities only.
4. Arrival transfer from Puerto Natales airport is included. Please ensure you provide us with your flight details at time of booking.
5. Private Transfers from Punta Arenas Airport or El Calafate Airport are available as additional services. Please enquire at the time of booking.
6. Entry into Chile does not currently require any proof of COVID-19 vaccination, however, we suggest submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel in order to receive a mobility pass, which in turn allows travellers to access all public services; buses, museums, restaurants, etc. As this validation process can take a while, it is recommended that you submit your electronic validation request 15 days in advance of Travel. The link to submit and more information is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/. Please also fill an electronic "Sworn declaration for travelers" form up to 48 hours before boarding, in which you must provide your contact, health and travel information. This form will provide a QR code as a means of verification. It can be obtained at www.c19.cl.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information