Wine, wonderful scenery and First Nations culture await
Welcome to the Okanagan, where wine and wild scenery go hand in hand. On a round-trip from Vancouver, spend five days uncovering the best of the Okanagan Valley with a local leader and group of likeminded travellers. Explore the last section of the endangered Great American Desert with a guide from the Osoyoos Indian Band, dine in a local restaurant celebrating indigenous recipes and hike to McIntyre Bluff for a sight you won’t soon forget. Sip your way around some of Canada’s best wineries while learning about their regenerative and sustainable practices, and drink in some picturesque views while you’re at it.
Explore the arid landscapes of one of Canada’s most endangered places – the last remaining section of the Great American Desert.
Join a First Nations guide from the Osoyoos Indian Band for a walk through the desert to learn about their culture, history and the environment.
Take a dive into Canada’s most revered wine region during tastings at several scenic wineries, including a regenerative organic farm and vineyard.
Experience the beauty of the Okanagan Valley from an unbeatable vantage point as you hike up to the magnificent McIntyre Bluff.
Get a real taste of First Nations cuisine when you dine at a restaurant that celebrates indigenous ingredients and recipes with a modern twist.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
There are a few opportunities for easy hikes, and sturdy footwear is recommended.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Canada’s Okanagan Valley trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 8:30 am on Day 1 in Vancouver. Please make your own way to the Joining Point listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. There is no accommodation included in Vancouver on this trip. If you wish to spend more time in Vancouver, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
3. On the final day you are expected to arrive back into Vancouver in the late afternoon (around 4pm) You will be dropped off at the same location as the joining point. There is no accommodation included on the last day in Vancouver. If you wish to spend more time in Vancouver, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information. If clients are looking to fly out this day please book a flight after 7pm
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. There are some easy hikes included in this trip so sturdy walking shoes are recommended.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information