Take a step back in time on Turkey’s historic Lycian Way
Follow in the footsteps of ancient Greeks and Romans as you spent eight days hiking Turkey’s celebrated Lycian Way trail. Join a local leader to discover the beauty of the Turquoise Coast, strewn with historical riches and ruins. Explore rock-hewn Lycian tombs in Fethiye, admire the clear waters of Oludeniz’s Blue Lagoon, laze on Turkey’s longest sand beach at Patara and finish in the picture-perfect coastal town of Kas. Dig into the past and uncover the legacy of bygone civilisations, and delight in a country where tradition is alive and kicking.
Get 15% off select trips with departures between May and September if you book before the end of May!Terms & Conditions
Spend an unforgettable week hiking along the Lycian Way, a path once used by ancient Greeks and Romans, joined by a local leader who will add historical context to your discoveries.
Admire the ancient wonders of Fethiye, from the Lycian city of Telmessos and the Greek rock-hewn Tomb of Amyntas to the ruins of a 6000-seat Roman theatre.
Unearth thousands of years of Turkey’s history and see how tradition lives on today during visits to Fethiye, Patara, Xanthos, Gey, Kayakoy and Kas.
Your hikes will be complimented by a truly spectacular backdrop – the Turquoise Coast. Named for its vibrant waters, you’ll have plenty of chances to marvel at stunning beaches and dazzling coastline.
Finish your journey in style, catching a boat from the castle-topped village of Simena to the coastal town of Kekova, crossing crystal-clear waters, stopping for snorkelling and passing charming islands.
This is a walking trip with daily hikes of up to 20 kilometres/6 hours per day on rocky ground and (in the summer months) hot weather. All hikes can easily be completed within the expected time by anyone of moderate fitness.
On day 4, the group will stay in a local guesthouse in a small village. The accommodation is comfortable but basic with shared bathroom facilities. This is the great way to experience Turkish hospitality and get to know local life in a village.
Where possible, we have tried to plan the hiking in the mornings but please prepare for hot weather in the summer months.
You will need to pack good walking shoes, a hat, some sunscreen, and a daypack. Don’t forget a jacket and swimming gear.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hike the Lycian Way trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Welcome Meeting starts at 5pm on Day One.
2. Most internal flights in Turkey have a luggage restriction of 15 kg checked and 8 kg cabin.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 4 (Gey Village) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Your main luggage/bag will be transferred for you to the next destination while you are hiking
5. We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page - www.intrepidtravel.com/travel-alerts
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information