Experience some of Kenya and Tanzania's most famous natural wonders on a 16-day adventure that will see you tackling the most challenging and scenic way to the roof of Africa on a trek along the Machame route to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. Once you descend, embark on an overland journey across the Serengeti plains and enjoy multiple game drives to seek out Africa's iconic animals. Descend to the floor of the gigantic Ngorongoro Crater in pursuit of elephants, lions, and elusive rhinos. This tour is a non-stop active action that's perfect for independent travellers who love a challenge.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 2 (Basic Hotel) and Days 3-7 & 9-14 (Camp) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information
2. This trip is a combination of YGOT,YAKT,YAKC and YKXA our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on day 8..
3. Although no mountaineering experience is required a good level of physical fitness is necessary. You must be comfortable walking 6-8 hours uphill a day.
4. Parts of your trip go above 2800 meters / 9200 feet where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please see Essential Trip Information for FAQ's.
5. As a result of the physical activity involved in this trip, such as strenuous trekking, the location or terrain through which the trip goes and other local factors including altitude, remoteness and temperature, a Passenger Self Assessment Form must be completed, signed and returned to our office prior to your trip.
6. Sleeping bags can be hired at no cost on the Kilimanjaro section of this trip. You will be required to provide your own sleeping bag for the Serengeti section of this trip or can hire one at an additional cost.
Filter by rating