Experience the very best of Peru, Chile and Argentina
Capture the true essence of South America on an 18-day Premium adventure through Peru, Chile and Argentina. This journey showcases the continent’s diversity of natural beauty, historic wonder and world-class cuisine, passing by the Andes and the Amazon, Mendoza and the majestic Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley and sultry Santiago, all the way to the Argentinian powerhouse of Buenos Aires. Gain an insight into ancient Inca culture and local communities, indulge in fine food and some of the region’s best wine, and get to the heart of each destination with expert local knowledge at every step.
Make your dream trip a reality with discounts ranging up to 30% off your next Intrepid adventure.Terms & Conditions
Marvel at Machu Picchu, get up close with nature in the Amazon Jungle, taste the finest wines in Mendoza and sip pisco on a Valparaiso rooftop.
Take in unbeatable views of the Andes as you travel towards Machu Picchu on a 360 train, offering high domed windows and an open-air observation carriage to immerse yourself in the incredible landscape.
Take your taste buds on a trip, from the market stalls of Lima and a traditional Andean lunch in the Sacred Valley, to a gourmet lunch at a winery in Mendoza, to an asado feast with locals in a Buenos Aires home.
Travel through South America with experienced local leaders and gain an unmatched understanding of local cultures through interactions with the Ese Eja and Chichubamba communities.
Experience the best of Peru and Chile with two feature stays. Sleep surrounded by nature in the Amazon rainforest and in a historical house in downtown Santiago.
Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the 'Medical and health information' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
This trip visits South America's west coast, the Andes and the Amazon Jungle, which means you'll need a flexible wardrobe no matter what time of year you travel. Please review the 'Climate and seasonal information' and 'Packing' sections of the Essential Trip Information.
Visitors are not permitted to explore Machu Picchu without a Machu Picchu guide (not our trip leaders) and must follow set routes within the site. This trip includes two guided visits of Machu Picchu and each visit is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours long. Your leader will provide more information to ensure you get the most out of your visits to this incredible site.
During the colder months, usually between April and October, the border crossing between Chile and Argentina may be closed due to snowfalls. In that event, your emergency funds may be needed to purchase a flight between Santiago and Mendoza. Please see the 'Money matters' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The flights from Lima through to Santiago have a luggage allowance of 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on. The flight from Mendoza through to Buenos Aires has a luggage allowance of 15kg for check in luggage and 5kg for carry on.
4. This trip starts at 2pm on Day 1 in Lima. This allows time after the joining meeting to explore the city with your leader.
5. Full name exactly as per passport is required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for activity and transport bookings. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
6. This trip includes one/two visit/s to Machu Picchu. According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
7. Your trip includes taking the train to Machu Picchu, however you may choose to book the 1-day Inca Trail hike on Day 7 (additional surcharge required). This optional activity is subject to permit availability. Please contact your booking agent if you would like to book this activity. Please refer to Day 7 of the itinerary for details of the hike.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information