Travel from Kenya to Cape Town through some of Africa’s most incredible sights on this jaw-dropping 48-day overland journey. Explore Kenya’s bustling capital, keep your eyes open for the Big Five in the vast savannas of the Serengeti, hike through lush mountain terrain and traverse sprawling desert plains in Namibia. Sample unique flavours, meet warm and welcoming local communities, relax beachside in Zanzibar, and prepare for an unforgettable southbound adventure through some of Africa's best.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 33 (Camping) and Days 40,41,42 (Chalet) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
3. This trip is a combination of YXOF, YXON, YXOP and YXOR of our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on Days 9,12 and 27.
4. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. This trip starts in Nairobi on Day 1 at 6pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Nairobi.
This trip finishes upon arrival in Cape Town on Day 48. Please do not book any flights until after 7 pm this evening.
Filter by rating