Travel from coast to coast and through the heart of southern Africa on a 49-day overland journey. Begin in beautiful Cape Town and voyage through desert landscapes, rolling savannas and lush mountainscapes. Cruise lakes and delta waterways and feel the spray of massive waterfalls. Spend time getting to know locals in rural villages and enjoying the buzzing city rhythms. From game drives in national parks full of iconic animals to enjoying the simple pleasure of lying on a pristine beach, this grand journey is the perfect way to discover everything that makes this part of the world so special.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 7,8,9 (Chalet) and Day 17(Camping) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to secure a place for this optional activity.
3. This trip is a combination of UXOF, YXON, YXOQ and YXOS of our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on Days 22, 38 and 41.
4. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than 22 as we have a a couple of tous tht overlap in Zanzibar.
5. This trip starts in Cape Town on Day 1 at 6pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Cape Town. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 49. Please do not book any flights until 10 pm on this evening.
Filter by rating