Unveil the mysteries of India from Delhi to Kochi
Discover the best of north and south India on a 22-day Premium adventure, from bustling Delhi to multicultural Kochi. Experience the magic of the heritage-rich north at the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, and immerse yourself in local culture as you meet the owner of a royal haveli and cruise down the Ganges. Take in the natural charms of the south while looking for elephants in Periyar National Park, walking through the tea plantations of Munnar and cruising the Kerala backwaters. Travel with local leaders who will show you the vibrant heart of a country that delights, surprises and intrigues.
For a limited time only take an additional 20% off select trips* - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Enjoy accommodation like no other – an opulently decorated heritage stay in Jaipur, a beautiful converted houseboat on the Kerala backwaters and a suave heritage hotel in Kochi are your Feature Stays on this trip.
Find out what makes Indian cuisine so special during Exclusive Experiences, including local-lead food tours in Agra and Madurai, home-cooked meals with local families, and an ayurvedic cooking demonstration and dinner.
Embark on safaris through Ranthambore National Park in search of the elusive tigers that call the park home and track footprints in search of wild elephants in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.
Discover the beauty in buildings that lie across India, from Jaipur’s Amber Fort and Royal City Palace to Agra’s Red Fort and iconic Taj Mahal, and see architectural influences from a multicultural past in Puducherry and Kochi.
Take part in Exclusive Experiences to remember – visit a royal haveli in Jaipur and hear the stories of its owner’s ancestors, cruise down the Ganges with local musicians, and witness a lively performance of kalarippayattu.
In the summer months, India can get very hot. Be sure to drink lots of water, pack light cotton clothing and use adequate skin protection. It can also get foggy between December and February, which can put a new spin on the already spectacular scenery. However, it may cause traffic congestion and delays.
There are several early mornings on this trip, as many parts of India really come alive in the dawn light.
There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take up to six hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery. The drive to Munnar is on windy roads into the mountains. Motion sickness can be an issue for some, but the scenery is stunning and regular stops will be made to break up your journey.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium North & South India trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please provide a scanned copy of your passport bio page at time of booking to secure a permit for your Ranthambhore National Park visit. Authorities at the park follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive your passport scan in time we cannot guarantee you will be able to join the safari. Your full name will need to be provided exactly as it appears on your passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for flight tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases, you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket if an amendment occurs.
4. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 15kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on. You can store excess luggage at the start point hotel.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information