Travel to South America and discover the beauty of Easter Island
Journey to enigmatic Easter Island and be forever changed by the remote beauty and fascinating folklore of ‘Rapa Nui’. This unforgettable trip allows plenty of time to stand in awe and admire the many stone moai that have made this mystical island so famous. As the trade winds blow, view remnants of the past at ancient ceremonial sites and villages, as well as rock art depicting strange deities. For a dose of natural beauty, be blown away by the scale of a dramatic volcanic crater and uninterrupted views over the horizon. Rich in iconic legends, unique landscapes and blazing sunsets, this is an enthralling encounter of a lifetime.
Take in the faraway feel of one of the world's most remote populated islands and ponder the magic and mystery of the moai monoliths that weigh up to 50 tonnes.
Learn about the heritage of the Rapa Nui people, the island's native Polynesians.
Enjoy the warm hospitality of the local people, born from a mix of ancient travellers that arrived here from the Polynesian islands and from South America.
There is plenty of free time to stroll along Hanga Roa's main strip, sample the delicious local seafood or explore the island by bicycle.
Visit the beautifully located Orongo Ceremonial Village and Ahu Akivi for unparalleled ocean views.
This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip.
This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Easter Island (Rapa Nui) Short Break trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travelers in the group might change during the trip.
2. This trip will run with a minimum of one person and a maximum of 30 passengers, so you may be joined by other travelers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own. This trip is operated by one of our local partners in Easter Island and therefore you may be joined by a mixture of Intrepid-booked passengers and other travelers during activities. Information may be delivered in English and Spanish, or just English depending on the requirements of the group.
3. This trip includes return airport transfers, please advise us of your flight details at time of booking.
4. After purchasing your flight to Easter Island with LATAM you will be sent a link to the following site, which includes a link to the Unique Entry Form (FUI): https://ingresorapanui.interior.gob.cl/
This form must be completed before travelling. After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email which must be presented to local authorities at the airport. Without this form you will not be permitted to embark.
5. . In addition to a negative PCR test -no older than 48h, Traveler’s Affidavit, and health insurance, entry into Chile and departure to Easter Island currently requires submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel. As this validation process can take a while, it is recommended that you submit your electronic validation request 30 days in advance of Travel. The link to submit and more information is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/. You must also take a PCR test upon arrival, and quarantine until results are returned. We recommend booking 1-2 pre nights in Santiago de Chile, before your trip to Easter Island to ensure no activities are missed.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information