See the best of Yellowstone during spring and fall when there are less tourists and local wildlife is more active. Hike to the junction of Hellroaring Creek and the Yellowstone River, traverse the Black Canyon, which runs along the drier and warmer northern boundary of the park, and admire cascading waterfalls. World-class trout waters, great hiking, and abundant wildlife are just some of the hallmarks of this tour which includes camping with views of the Yellowstone River. If you’re interested in early season Yellowstone hiking and camping adventure, this tour is for you.
Dates and availability
1. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 30 days out from departure. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
2. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
3. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
4. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
5. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
6.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
7. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts via conference call. Early on the morning of day 1, you will be picked up from Mountain Modern Inn, in Jackson. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel.
8. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.