It’s almost like New Zealand was made for cycling. This is a land known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and delicious wine, and this cycling trip just happens to take in the best of it. Kick things off in the outdoor paradise of Queenstown, then cycle the famous Central Otago Rail Trail through small gold-mining towns like Alexandra, Omakau, Wedderburn and Hyde. Meander through the open plains with pristine rivers, enjoy some proper South Island hospitality at local taverns, and rediscover the joy of pedalling through one of the most gorgeous areas in the entire country.
Dates and availability
1. It is vital that you provide us with your height at least 30 days prior to your trip starting so we can ensure the correct sized bike for you. If we do not have your height we cannot guarantee a bike that fits you perfectly. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price
2. This trip starts at 8am and finishes on arrival back to Queenstown on Day 4 (approx 5pm)
3. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
4. Bicycle helmets are compulsory on this trip. Please bring your own helmet.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
6. This trip does not have a support vehicle but your luggage is transported for you from accommodation to accommodation each day.
7. Luggage is limited to 1 bag per client, no heavier than 15kgs. Fees apply if baggage limit is exceeded. If staying in Queenstown before and after your trip, you may want to ask your accommodation provider to store your extra belongings as they may allow this free of charge.
8. Our riding is done mostly on a well-graded and maintained gravel cycle path, so there are no technical cycling skills required.
9. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are on an 'on request' basis only - it is important to advise us of your height at the time of request.. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
10. If you are bringing your own bike please advise us at the time of booking so we can ensure the correct 'on-ground' transport arrangements.
11. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 1 (Guesthouse) and Day 2 (Cottage) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Filter by rating