Travel to South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe and see some of the world’s greatest waterfalls and wildlife
Embark on an action-packed, teen-friendly adventure in south-east Africa. See the thundering spectacle of Victoria Falls, say hello to some new friends at the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, explore the far-out Okavango Delta by traditional canoe and watch elephants drink from the Chobe River. Pack plenty of spare camera batteries, because this snap-happy trip, brimming with exciting animal encounters and landscapes like you’ve never seen, is one for the photo album.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Get a load of Victoria Falls, an amazing thundering spectacle. Optional activities for those arriving early include white water rafting, canoeing and flying fox rides
Go wildlife-spotting along the river at Chobe National Park, home of the world's highest concentration of African elephants
Enjoy some truly unique accommodation in Elephant Sands. Greet elephants as they come to drink from the pool!
Get familiar with the fine art of 'poling' as you and your family ride a traditional dugout canoe through the waterways of the Okavango Delta
Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you and your family will never forget. As night falls, the sounds of the African bush are like nothing else
Support local conservation by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside
This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, setting up your own tent with some long travelling days. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. There will be some early starts and long travelling days. It's as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
Camping out in the Okavango wilderness means digging a bush toilet and going without a shower. For most travellers this is a small price to pay for such a gorgeous remote island location. It’s all part of the adventure.
The going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land. There are some long travelling days.
This is a participatory camping trip, so team spirit is key. You and your family will be helping out with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Botswana Family Safari with Teenagers trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is strictly 10 years old due to government safety restrictions in the Okavango Delta.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children under 17 years of age at time of travel.
4. This trip starts at 2PM on Day 1 with a group meeting at the campsite followed by a visit to Victoria Falls. On the last day you will arrive into Johannesburg late in the afternoon on Day 10. We recommend you don't book any departing flights until 8PM onwards
5. Travelling with children: Children travelling on a valid passport with one or both parents are no longer required to present a birth certificate, parental consent letter and other supporting documentation. To check the requirements for other situations, such as legal guardianship or unaccompanied travelling minors, visit the South African Department of Home Affairs.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
7. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag, pillow and towel.
8. During this trip you can upgrade to a lodge/hotel at the campgrounds we are staying in along the way with the exception of our time in the Okavango Delta (Days 5 & 6). If you wish to upgrade you can organise this directly during the trip with your leader and pay locally. Prices start at BWP 740 per person. All updates are subject to availability.
9. With effect from 1 October 2014, parents travelling with children into or out of South Africa will be asked to show the child’s full birth certificate, and where only one parent is accompanying, proof of parental or legal authority to travel with the child.
10. Our operator has advised that customers with the J&J vaccine and no booster may have difficulty crossing the border into Botswana (and potentially Zimbabwe) without a negative test result. This information conflicts with various government travel advice websites. We recommend you check with your local consulate before travel to ensure you have the most up to date information.
The new regulation has been put in place to protect children from being abducted, kidnapped and preventing child trafficking. The Department of Home Affairs has urged all parents to apply for unabridged certificates for their children. This is an requirement of the immigration regulation 6 (12)(a) for parents travelling with children. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/south-africa
11. Border crossing delays in the region have been sporadic and difficult to predict as travel rebounds. What takes an hour one day may take four hours the next. This may affect the order of activities in the itinerary. We understand this uncertainty can be frustrating, and we strongly recommend packing a bit of patience and flexibility.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information