From Baku to Yerevan, unlock the treasures of the Caucasus
Watch arid landscapes give way to verdant hillsides and majestic snow-capped mountains on this eye-opening 15-day adventure through Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia. Explore a land where the walls speak of centuries of rich history and where ancient traditions intersect with a modern way of life. Journey with a local leader and a small group of keen adventurers through forests and past tall mountain peaks to find medieval mosques and villages. Wander through cosmopolitan Baku and Tbilisi, make friends with the friendly Georgian locals and end up in Yerevan – Armenia’s centre of culture.
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Get to the heart of the Caucasus’s capitals with experienced local leaders – enjoy guided city tours and marvel at Baku’s diverse architecture, explore Tbilisi’s winding narrow streets, and uncover the history of ancient Yerevan.
Enjoy two evenings at your historic Feature Stay hotel in the resort town of Borjomi. This Persian Palace was originally built as the summer home of the Consul of Iran in the late 1800's, and is brimming with history and stunning architectural details.
Visit the Tserovani Refugee Settlement in Georgia during an Exclusive Experience, where you will visit a jewellery making workshop aimed at providing employment to displaced women within the camp, create a piece yourself and learn about the issues surrounding long-term displacement.
Experience the region’s diverse cuisine, from a home cooked meal with a local family to a lunch of regional specialties in a refugee settlement in Georgia.
Discover ancient wonders during visits to the open-air archaeological museum of Qobustan in Azerbaijan, the magnificent cave town of Vardzia in Georgia and the Haghpat in Armenia.
As we don't want you to miss anything, the itinerary is densely packed, so you'll be busy squeezing in as many sights and activities as you can. Take the downtime when you can for relaxing or independent exploration. On some days, there is a lot of walking between sites and around towns and cities, so make sure you bring comfortable walking shoes with good support.
There are some long travel days on this adventure. This is a great opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers and enjoy the passing scenery. Some activities, including the trip to the high Caucasus around Kazbegi, are weather and road condition dependent. Your leader will keep you up to date on any necessary itinerary changes due to local conditions.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Azerbaijan, Georgia & Armenia trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Due to current border crossing restrictions for different Caucasus nationalities, your Trip Leader may be from nearby Ukraine or Russia. Your leader will have in-depth knowledge and extensive travel experience throughout the Caucasus. Local guides from Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia are represented throughout the itinerary to ensure you receive a diverse and uniquely local range of perspectives.
4. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
5. The Formula 1 Grand Prix will take place in Baku from April 27 - 30, 2023. During this period, streets may be closed and traffic may be heavy.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information