Immerse yourself in the winter stillness of the Rocky Mountains
Strap on snowshoes and join your expert guide for a small group hiking tour with a difference in the Rocky Mountains. On this four-day adventure, you’ll immerse yourself in the beauty of unspoiled wilderness and traverse gentle terrain beneath the high peaks near the Continental Divide, walking alongside frozen lakes and explore mountain meadows where elk, lynx and even rare wolverines may be seen. At this time of year, there are fewer tourists and local wildlife is more active, making this the perfect holiday for animal lovers. Absorb the magic of the winter stillness and solitude of the National Park by day, and enjoy cosy lodging and tasty meals with your group each evening.
Experience the beauty of winter in the Rocky Mountains when the landscape is draped in a blanket of snow and the silence of this famous national park wraps you in its peaceful embrace.
During winter, there are less tourists in the Rocky Mountains and local wildlife is more active, making this the perfect holiday for animal lovers.
Keep your eyes open along the trail for the chance to spot elk, moose, deer, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, bears, coyotes, cougars, lynx, wolverines and more.
Snowshoe past Copeland Falls and Calypso Cascades, which will be frozen into crystalline ice flows and sparkling like jewels among the spruce trees and drifts of snow.
Tuck into freshly prepared, delicious meals prepared by your multi-talented leader who is also a Rocky Mountains expert and certified Colorado snowshoeing guide.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Rocky Mountain National Park is prone to sudden temperature and weather shifts. On winter trips, snow is a possibility so you must be fully prepared and follow the recommended clothing list closely.
Winter weather can be unpredictable in Rocky Mountain National Park so we may need to make itinerary changes to keep the group safe and well at all times. If this occurs, we will do our best to find comparable activities and experiences.
There are times when unseasonable weather conditions turn snowshoeing into a hike - we highly recommend bringing good hiking boots in case of this eventuality.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts via conference call. Your Tour Leader will contact you approximately 2 weeks before your trip to share necessary details.
7. You will meet your guide and group in Estes Park, Colorado at 8:30 AM the first day of the trip. We recommend you book a pre tour night in the town. On the last day of your trip, we will drop you off in Estes Park, no later than 5pm.
8. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
9. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information