Take an adventure tour through Ecuador, Galapagos, Peru and Bolivia
Visit South America and travel to the Galapagos Islands, Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia. Amazing wildlife, both on land and underwater, is the drawcard of the remote Galapagos Islands. Discover unique creatures, as well as the island's outstanding natural beauty, by foot, boat and bike. Back on the mainland, enjoy the delights of Peru – from the tough but rewarding Inca Trail to the joy of interacting with friendly locals and experiencing cities full of colour, energy and passion.
IMPORTANT: due to the low prospect of the land border opening between Peru and Bolivia, we've decide to change the trip to finish in Lima instead of La Paz for departures starting before 31 May, 2022.
The change is as below:
Day 23: transfer to Puno airport and flight to Lima; free time and optional final dinner in Lima; overnight in Lima
Day 24: trip finishes in Lima
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Hike Peru's iconic Inca Trail
Snorkel the incredible marine life-filled waters of Kicker Rock, also known as Leon Dormido, one of the best snorkelling spots in the Galapagos and an absolute highlight for many travellers
Meet near-extinct Galapagos tortoises
Scale a volcano on Isla Isabela
Explore the Galapagos Islands
Get acquainted with Quito's dizzying altitude
At Intrepid we’ve always been about balancing profit and purpose and as the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all – join us and help make the world a better place.
According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
Travellers who choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), will not follow the same routes within Machu Picchu. This means that you may not be able to have photos together, overlooking Machu Picchu. This applies to travellers on the same booking or separate bookings.
1.Ecuador has implemented COVID-19 testing requirements for entry to the country, including special conditions for Galapagos. Please refer to your government's foreign travel advice for the most up to date information.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 11,12 (Amazon Jungle) and Day 21(Homestay) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3.Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you.
If Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Quarry Trail.
Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
4. Parts of your trip go above 2800 m /9200 ft where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness.
5. A Galapagos Transit Card fee of $20 is payable on departure from Quito Airport (or whichever airport in Ecuador you are flying to the Galapagos from). The Galapagos park fee ($100) and Isabela Port fee ($10) are payable upon arrival to the islands (cash only). These amounts are in addition to your trip payment.
Your passport must match the booking details provided to us; otherwise it could cause issues with your transit card and internal flights resulting in purchasing a new card and flights at your own expense.
6. Please note that from June to August the water is rougher than usual. Consequently travel times will be longer than usual. If you suffer from seasickness you may want to reconsider travelling during this period.
7. Nationals from the United States and South Africa need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or Embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border. Please see the visa information on these Essential Trip information (ETI) for more information."
8. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
9. While hiking the 4 Day Inca Trail or the 3 Day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
10. Most hotels in highlands should have oxygen cylinders available, however, you may be asked to pay surcharge for use of oxygen longer than 5 - 10 min at the time.
11. Depending on the time of year, and flight availability, your Quito-Lima flight may depart in the very early hours of the morning to ensure you arrive in time for the welcome meeting. Please speak to your booking agent to confirm what time your flight is noting that the flight is purchased 30 days before departure.
12. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information