From city to country to coast, this is the perfect taste of Mexico and Cuba. Arrive in the mad metropolis of Mexico City and meander your way through jungle and ruins to the relaxed beaches of the Yucatan Peninsula, unravelling the magnificent mystery of the ancient Maya civilisations along the way. Jump across to the charming streets of Havana, where old-time American automobiles, richly scented Cuban cigars and an eclectic tapestry of architectures evoke a colourful past. Between the small-village vibes of Vinales and the fascinating charm of Trinidad, discover Cienfuegos and its blend of Caribbean and Parisian flavours. With plenty of time to swim, snorkel, cycle and hike, this Lonely Planet Experience combines Central America's most colourful and exciting destinations.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 7 (Overnight bus) where you will be in shared accommodation. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. To save you money and the hassle of booking multiple trips, this journey is a combination of some of our most popular adventures. Your leader and the composition of your group may change with the start of each adventure.
3. Your flight from Cancun to Havana, along with mid-trip airport transfers are included to help ease your independent connection between the trips.
- A transfer is included from the Playa del Carmen hotel to Cancun airport.
- A transfer is included from Havana airport to your guesthouse.
4. A visa or tourist card, organised prior to arrival, is required for all nationalities visiting Cuba.
5. The Cuban government has declared that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers. Proof of insurance may be requested at the airport by immigration officials.
6. We recommend travelling to Cuba via Canada, Europe, South or Central America. Please refer to the ‘Passports, visas and entry requirements’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
7. We recommend you bring enough cash to last your whole time in Cuba. This is currently the best option and will provide you with the best value for money. Please see the ‘Money Matters’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
Filter by rating