Discover a different side of a much-loved country on this activity-focused trip through the northern half of Vietnam. Encompassing cycling excursions, guided walking tours, kayaking expeditions and two nights of boating on Halong Bay, this trip is bound to get the blood pumping and the family bonding. Starting in Hanoi, uncover Vietnam's landmark attractions on a city cycling tour, and sit down to lunch at an initiative geared towards helping street children. Savour the picturesque countryside of rural Vietnam during a two-day ride from Luong Song to stunning Ninh Binh, cruise the waters of Halong Bay by junk boat and kayak, and explore charming Hoi An and its surrounds by bike and foot. This is an adventure for families who like spending their down time getting up and at it.
Dates and availability
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age: 10 years old. Please note that anyone aged under 18 must be accompanied by (and share accommodation with) a parent or legal guardian.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 or younger at the time of travel.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport), for internal flights and train tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 3 (Homestay), Day 5 (Halong Bay) and Day 6 (Overnight Train), where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6.This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 5 pm on Day 1 in Hanoi. This trip ends on Day 9 and you are free to leave at any time.
7. Tet is Vietnam's New Year festival, held annually in late January or early February based on the lunar calendar. While this can be a fascinating time to travel and experience this event, expect some shop closures and busier than usual local transport. Opening hours at some tourist sites may also be affected or closed. Although we make all reasonable efforts to avoid disruption, a flexible approach from the traveler is appreciated.
8. During the rainy months (approx. June to October), our mode of transport can be changed at short notice due to weather conditions.
Filter by rating