Discover a land of infinite variety in spectacular Peru
Fall under the spell of beautiful Peru on an in-depth 18-day Premium adventure. Discover the winelands of Ica, stroll the streets of Arequipa, marvel at the landscapes of Colca Canyon and venture into the wild heart of the Amazon. Stand in awe of Machu Picchu and search for wildlife in the Ballestas Islands in a land that truly has it all. From the myths of the Incas to colonial culture, an experienced local leader will bring the country’s history to life.
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Taste the flavours of Peru during Exclusive Experiences, including dinner at one of Lima’s best restaurants, a snack at the Manos Unidas social enterprise in Cusco and a home-cooked pachamanca lunch in the Sacred Valley.
Uncover the country’s best sights during Exclusive Experiences, including a sunset tour of a wine and pisco vineyard and two guided visits to remarkable Machu Picchu, reached by 360 train offering unbeatable views of the Andes.
Soak in truly stunning surroundings at your Feature Stay hotel along the Colca River, offering grounds dotted with tumbling waterfalls, organic gardens and gorgeous pools, plus modern rooms, first-class service and fantastic amenities.
Set out in search of pelicans, flamingos, sea lions and penguins on an exciting boat tour around the Ballestas Islands.
Take a walk on the wild side when you stay deep in the Amazon and enjoy a full day of wildlife activities, including a boat tour, night jungle walk and more.
Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
Visitors are not permitted to explore Machu Picchu without a Machu Picchu guide (not our trip leaders) and must follow set routes within the site. This trip includes two guided visits of Machu Picchu and each visit is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours long. Your leader will provide more information to ensure you get the most out of your visits to this incredible site.
There are a couple of long drives on this trip, in particular on Days 8 and 11. These journeys are by private vehicle and although they may be a little tiring, they're a great chance to sit back and enjoy the passing scenery and chat to your fellow travellers.
According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
Travellers who choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), will not follow the same routes within Machu Picchu. This means that you may not be able to have photos together, overlooking Machu Picchu. This applies to travellers on the same booking or separate bookings. It is possible for passengers who have taken the train to join passengers who have done the Inca Trail on the 2nd visit of Machu Picchu, by repeating the guided tour. If you are interested in this option, you must tell your sales agent when you book.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Peru in Depth with Ica Valley trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. Full name exactly as per passport is required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for activity and transport bookings. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. This trip includes two visits to Machu Picchu, however you may choose to book the 1-day Inca Trail hike on Day 14 (additional surcharge required). This optional activity is subject to permit availability. Please contact your booking agent if you would like to book this activity. Please refer to Day 14 of the itinerary for details of the hike. It is possible for passengers who have taken the train to join passengers who have done the Inca Trail on the 2nd visit of Machu Picchu, by repeating the guided tour. If you are interested in this option, tell your sales agent when you book.
6. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
7. The GGPPC230921 departure will feature 1 night in Arequipa and 2 nights in the Colca Canyon due to a mining conference.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information