Follow in the footsteps of Charles Darwin on this wildlife-filled adventure through nature’s playground. Snorkel with sea lions, get up close to giant tortoises, scale a volcanic crater and discover the incredible evolutionary history of the Galapagos Islands, all under the guidance of an expert naturalist guide. With accommodation on Isla San Cristobal, Isla Santa Cruz and Isla Isabela, this trip is perfect for people who don’t want to tour the islands on a cruise. Included activities are both educational and immersive, while still allowing you plenty of free time to relax or get active at your own pace.
Dates and availability
1. Due to limited hotel availability, a single supplement is not available on this trip.
2. Intrepid offers a longer version of this tour (search trip code GGRR), which includes flights to and from Quito.
3. A Galapagos Transit Card fee of US$20 must be purchased at Quito Airport (or whichever airport in Ecuador you are flying to the Galapagos from) before your flight to the Galapagos. Without this card, you might be denied boarding. After you have purchased your Transit Control Card, you will have to check your luggage at the SICGAL counter, where they will seal your checked bags; then proceed to the check-in counter of your respective airline. You will need to be at the airport at least 2 hours prior to the departure time, as this can be a lengthy process. You will also need to have cash on hand, as credit cards are not accepted.
4. The Galapagos park fee (US$100) and Isabela Port fee (US$10) are payable upon arrival to the islands (cash only). These amounts are in addition to your trip payment.
5. Full passport details are required at the time of booking. Please ensure all your details are correct and that they match your passport. The passport you travel with must match the booking details provided to us. This information is necessary to purchase entry permits to certain sites. Please note that delays in providing this information could result in additional booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
6. Please refer to the ‘Special information’ section on Day 1 of your itinerary for detailed instructions on how to join your group.
7. Strict rules apply in the Galapagos Islands aimed at protecting and preserving its unique biodiversity. Intrepid strongly agrees and supports these rules, which range from times of the day that a destination can be visited to the distance kept between people and wildlife and especially not removing anything from the environment (shells and corals, for example) – all these rules will be explained in more detail by your Leader on the ground. Not adhering to these rules can lead to hefty fines for travellers and can result in Intrepid losing the license to operate in the Galapagos Islands – these rules must be adhered to by all, without exception. Failure to adhere to the rules can result in being removed from the trip without a refund.
For more information, please follow this link: http://www.galapagos.org/travel/travel/park-rules/
Filter by rating