Experience the best of the best-kept secret in South America
Discover South America's best-kept secret on this 17-day adventure through the verdant mountains and powdery beaches of Colombia. Head into the serene highlands of Colombia's famed coffee region and discover the sweeter, softer side of this misunderstood country. Fall in love with Bogota's colonial heart, laze on palm-fringed stretches of Caribbean shoreline and hang with locals that redefine hospitality.
Stay in the vibrant Chapinero neighbourhood in Bogota, one of the most culturally diverse parts of town.
Embark on a spectacular guided hike through the Cocora Valley, home to hummingbirds and the world's tallest palm trees.
Spend a couple of days learning about the world's favourite bean during a stay on a traditional coffee estancia deep in coffee country.
Discover the new face of Medellin and learn about the city’s transformation from most dangerous neighbourhood in Colombia to arts and culture haven.
Try your hand at tejo, Colombia’s explosive national sport (think bocce with gunpowder!). Join your group on this fun activity in Salento, made better with a free beer in hand.
Colombia enjoys a stable year-round climate, but it can get particularly hot and humid on the coast. Remember to come prepared with adequate clothing.
The Cocora Valley hike is quite rigorous, so you'll need to be fit and have sturdy walking shoes to take part. If you'd rather relax, you're free to opt out of this activity and soak up the scenery at your leisure.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Best of Colombia trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 3,4 (Cofee Estancia) and Days 10,11 (Guesthouse) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for Entrance tickets to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
3. This trip starts with an orientation walk of Candelaria at 1pm on Day 1 in Bogota. There will be a formal welcome meeting at 6pm for the whole group including those that missed the orientation walk. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation.
4. This trip ends on Day 17 and you are free to leave at any time.
5. This trip is a combination of two of our most popular departures. As such the make up of the group and the tour leader may change on Day 8
6. In order to comply with tourist regulations set by the Colombian government, a copy of your passport will be required. This will be emailed to our local office in Colombia, your tour leader will assist you with this on day 1.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information