Discover the treasures of the Amazon and secrets of the Incas in Peru
Welcome to Peru, where colourful cities rub shoulders with wild rainforests and ancient monuments. Join a local leader to discover the Incan, indigenous and modern sides of Peru on an immersive nine-day Premium journey. From the colonial charm of Lima to the incredible biodiversity of the Amazon Rainforest, the historically rich city of Cusco and the spectacular Incan ruins of Machu Picchu – this adventure takes you straight to the heart of it all. Take time to soak up quiet moments of local life and get beneath the surface of a remarkable country that’s anything but ordinary.
Sleep surrounded by nature in the Amazon rainforest at your magnificent feature stay lodge. Owned by the indigenous Ese Eja community, profits from the lodge are put back into local education and training.
Take your taste buds on a trip, from the market stalls of Lima and one of the city’s best restaurants, to a coffee break at the social enterprise Manos Unidas in Cusco and a traditional Andean lunch in the Sacred Valley.
Get to know local culture during interactions with the Ese Eja and Chichubamba communities, let a local leader show you the country’s best, and explore with expert guides in Cusco, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu.
Take in unbeatable views of the Andes as you travel towards Machu Picchu on a 360 train, offering high domed windows and an open-air observation carriage to immerse yourself in the incredible landscape.
Experience the country’s best sights during two guided visits to remarkable Machu Picchu and an unforgettable day of wildlife activities in the Amazon Jungle.
Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the 'Medical and health information' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
This trip visits Peru's coast, mountains and the Amazon Jungle, which means you'll need a flexible wardrobe no matter what time of year you travel. Please review the 'Climate and seasonal information' and 'Packing' sections of the Essential Trip Information.
Visitors are not permitted to explore Machu Picchu without a Machu Picchu guide (not our trip leaders) and must follow set routes within the site. This trip includes two guided visits of Machu Picchu and each visit is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours long. Your leader will provide more information to ensure you get the most out of your visits to this incredible site.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Peru trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. This trip starts at 2pm on Day 1 in Lima. This allows time after the joining meeting to explore the city with your leader.
5. Full name exactly as per passport is required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for activity and transport bookings. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
6. This trip includes two visits to Machu Picchu. According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
7. Your trip includes taking the train to Machu Picchu, however you may choose to book the 1-day Inca Trail hike on Day 7 (additional surcharge required). This optional activity is subject to permit availability. Please contact your booking agent if you would like to book this activity. Please refer to Day 7 of the itinerary for details of the hike.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information