Mexico, Belize and Guatemala – meet these three amigos on this Central American adventure.
Mexico, Belize and Guatemala – three very tight amigos. Play like a player in Playa del Carmen and take it nice and easy in Tulum. Delve into island life and the pristine underwater worlds in Belize. Check out the temples of Tikal, the markets of Chichicastenango and the lake vistas of Santa Cruza La Laguna.
You’ll need some essential Spanish to get you by:
- It is hot, isn’t it? – Hace calor, verdad?
- A beer, please – Una cerveza, por favor
- I love you Miguel – Te quiero Miguel
Offer applies to trips departing in 2022.Terms & Conditions
This overland adventure allows you to see some of the best of Central America in one trip, covering parts of Mexico, Belize and Guatemala.
Extended time in Caye Caulker and Antigua offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy laidback island vibes as well as buzzing colonial city life.
There's nothing quite like eating with a local family to really experience a place. At dinner you'll be experiencing traditional Guatemalan hospitality while improving your Spanish with the locals.
There are many sides to Central America, and you’ll get a taste of a few: slumbering poolside by Playa del Carmen, gazing at the pyramids of Tikal or haggling in the markets of Chichicastenango.
Oh Maya, travelling in the Guatemalan Highlands is a humbling experience.
Who doesn’t love a challenge? We definitely do here at Intrepid, and while travelling between some locations on local transport on this trip can be hard, it’s super rewarding and a great way to meet the locals.
You’ll be crossing the borders between three countries on this trip and, while it is usually straightforward, you may need to be patient. Make sure you’ve got your best car game ready if there are any delays!
Is it hot in here? Well you’re in tropical Central America so it can get really hot and humid. Carry plenty of water because hydration is key, especially when you’re walking a lot.
It’s a good idea to try and brush up on as many Spanish words as you can. While locals are really friendly, they’re also shy, so knowing some local lingo is a great way to break the ice and show you care.
1. This trip is for ages 18-29s.
2. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2 & 3 (Tulum), Days 10 & 11 (Rio Dulce) and Days 13 & 14 (Lake Atitlan) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Multishare typically includes triple and quad rooms. You may be required to share with group members of the opposite sex and couples, and people travelling together may occasionally be separated due to rooming configurations.
5. Please be careful when booking flights from Antigua; make sure you fly out of Guatemala City Airport [GUA]. Guatemala City Airport is the closest airport to Antigua. Please do not book flights from Antigua & Barbuda Airport [ANU] as this is an island in the Caribbean.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information