Visit India and discover the charm of this unforgettable country
Visit India and discover this vibrant, intoxicating, inspiring and dramatic country. Tour India's chaotic city streets and peaceful countryside, from the Mughal splendour of Delhi and Agra to tiger-spotting in Panna National Park. Soak up India’s culture and history, smell and taste a world of spices, blush at the erotic Khajuraho carvings and see pilgrims undertake their daily rituals on the Ganges' ghats. This adventure will provide unforgettable sensory experiences of unpredictable, chaotic and enchanting India.
TRIP CHANGES FOR 2018:
Due to ongoing issues in obtaining national park permits, from 1st January 2018 this trip will visit Panna National Park instead of Bandhavgarh National Park.
Tick off the big ticket items like the Taj Mahal and Varanasi and spend plenty of time away from the bustle of big cities in lesser visited towns and villages like Alipura, Orchha and Chanderi.
Our time in Chanderi is our travellers’ favourite on this itinerary - share a meal at home with our local friends who are passionate about sharing their culture and town with you.
Witness religious ceremonies, visit temples and monuments, stay in heritage properties and explore with local guides and your expert leader. There is so much variety packed into this trip to show you as many facets of this unforgettable country as we can.
Enjoy cooking demonstrations, home cooked meals and chow down on the best of local street food like roti, chaat, samosas and poori.
Hear the story of how the tigers of Panna National Park came back from the brink of extinction to the thriving population that lives there today.
The Hindu and Jain temples of Khajuraho are stunning in the scale and detail and are sure to leave a lasting impression.
With patience, resilience and understanding that things won't always go 100% to plan, travelling in India is ultimately a rewarding experience. Some of the challenges travelers regularly feed back to us are things like air quality, hygiene standards, sporadic hot water and wifi, crowds and travel delays.
The big cities on this trip, especially Delhi, can be very busy and crowded with both locals and tourists. It's exciting but often exhausting!
Rajasthan can reach extremely high temperatures in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours early in the morning when it’s cooler, remember to keep hydrated and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees.
Be prepared for some long (and often delayed, especially by heavy fog in Dec - Feb) overland journeys on this trip. We travel by overnight train in 3AC class and while we aim to purchase tickets to have the whole group bunking near each other, the highly complex booking system and huge demand for tickets may mean that this isn't always possible.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Unforgettable India trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available for this trip and is applicable for all nights on tour with the exception of the overnight trains on nights 11 and 14.
2. We arrive into Delhi on Day 15 at around 9am. No accommodation is included on this day.
3. Please do not book flights out of Delhi until after 1pm on the last day in case of train delays.
4. Passport details are required at time of booking in order to book train tickets and national park permits.
5. Using mud pack therapy the Archaeological Survey of India is planning to clean the four small canopies around the main dome of the Taj Mahal from the start of April 2018. This will be followed by the cleaning of the main dome but that could take some time as ASI is yet to calculate its load bearing capacity. The ASI’s science branch officials have stated that cleaning the four canopies will take approximately 2 months while main dome cleaning will be completed in phases. We will continue to update as information becomes available.
Our Unforgettable India trips score an average of 4.86 out of 5 based on 126 reviews in the last year.
This trip is simply amazing. You don't just get to see these parts of India, you get to feel them, experience them. It's confronting. The wonderful chaos and beauty of it all. India will leave a stamp on your hart.
Review submitted 29 Apr 2018