Discover the best of the Southwest on foot
Calling all adventure seekers – a land of yawning canyons, inspiring trails and rushing rivers awaits. Over five days, explore the most thrilling bits of Utah and Arizona on foot as you venture into Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon’s North Rim. With two leaders by your side, you’ll not only learn about the landscapes you traverse, but also be let in on local secrets, including lesser-known known hiking trails and hidden viewpoints. The Southwest doesn’t get better than this.
Lace up your boots and discover the unique landscapes of Zion National Park in Utah and the dramatic formations of Arizona’s Grand Canyon.
Zion National Park is a playground of natural wonders – explore highlights and hidden gems including Scout Lookout, Emerald Pools and the iconic Virgin River Narrows hike.
The lesser-known treasures of the Grand Canyon’s North Rim await – with only 10% of the visitation the South Rim receives, you’ll enjoy big views without the big crowds.
It’s important to be energised for your adventures – that’s why a lot of meals are included on this adventure. Sunset dinner at a viewpoint overlooking the Grand Canyon is one meal you won’t forget!
With two experienced leaders to guide the way, you’ll have access to little-visited trails, as well as the option to split into two groups based on interests or difficulty.
This is a walking trip; a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
On our final day we will reach St. George between 5 pm and 6 pm. This night’s accommodation is not included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
There is some driving included in this trip, up to 3 hours.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking in Zion and the Grand Canyon trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6. This trip starts in Saint George on Day 1 at 5pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Saint George. Please see Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
7. This trip finishes in Saint George on Day 5 at the same location as the joining point. Please do not book any flights until after 8pm this evening.
8. Please note on some days the group will split and hike in two smaller sub-groups, each with one, experienced and fully qualified guide.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information