Looking for a Central American trip that dives into the hearts of colourful Guatemala and untouched Belize? Take a 15-day trip from colonial Antigua and dive into the rich cultural blend of Catholicism and traditional Mayan religion in the Guatemalan Highlands. Meet the deity-with-vices at the Temple of San Simon, soak in volcanic hot springs, hop on a chicken bus to local markets and take a boat ride on Lake Atitlan. Then, laze in the tropics of Rio Dulche, explore a laidback Afro-Caribbean town and witness the ancient ruins in Tikal National Park. End it all in paradisical Caye Caulker, where you’ve got loads of free time to ‘go slow’ and relax on the white sands, take a day trip or snorkel in the Belize Barrier Reef.
Dates and availability
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please be careful when booking flights to Antigua; make sure you fly into Guatemala City Airport [GUA]. Guatemala City Airport is the closest airport to Antigua. Please do not book flights to Antigua & Barbuda Airport [ANU] as this is an island in the Caribbean.
4. On your final day, you’ve got the power to choose where your adventure takes you. If you like, you can stay in Caye Caulker for another couple of nights relaxing beachside – we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability). Otherwise, jump on an included water taxi transfer from the Caye Caulker ferry port back to Belize City where you can also book additional nights’ accommodation, or where your leader can assist you to catch a taxi from the port to the airport for an onward connection. You will need to make your own way from your hotel in Caye Caulker to the ferry port. To allow for transfer times, please book a flight after 12 pm (midday).
5. An open-dated round-trip ticket to return to Belize City from Caye Caulker's ferry port is included on this trip. If you are travelling from Caye Caulker to Belize Airport please ensure you do not book a flight before 12pm to allow for travel time.