Journey into the historic heart of Turkey
Get to the heart of Turkish culture and history on this 15-day Intrepid Premium adventure. Discover stunning islands and a sunken city on a locally-guided boat cruise, get hands on in a Turkish cooking class using home-grown ingredients and join a local woman in her home for a specially prepared feast. Enjoy guided tours of Gallipoli, Troy, Ephesus, Antalya and more, and marvel at diverse landscapes, from the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia to the glittering Mediterranean Coast. Fall in love with the mystery, the legacy and the beauty of Turkey on this two-week odyssey.
Join an experienced local leader as you stroll the ancient streets of Ephesus, uncover the secrets of Sagalassos, explore the legendary ruins of Troy and discover Istanbul’s Blue Mosque, Hippodrome and the Million.
Enjoy a cruise around the hidden coves and islets of Turkey’s southern coast during an Exclusive Experience guided by a local couple who have been navigating the waters for years.
Feast your eyes on the best of Turkey's otherworldly sights, from the Cotton Castle of Pamukkale to the psychedelic rockscapes of Cappadocia.
Step into a fairy tale during your Feature Stay at an enchanting Cave Hotel in Cappadocia, where you’ll enjoy elegantly decorated rooms carved from stone.
Get to know the real Turkey during Exclusive Experiences, including a cooking class with a celebrated chef in Selcuk, visit to an empowering carpet weaving cooperative, and traditional dinner at a local's home in Cappadocia.
There are a couple of long drives on this trip, in particular on Day 6. These journeys are by private vehicle and although they may be a little tiring, they're a great chance to sit back and enjoy the passing scenery and chat to your fellow travellers.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Turkey in Depth trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 15kg for check in luggage and 8kg for carry on. You can store excess luggage at the start point hotel.
4. This trip starts at 1pm on Day 1 in Istanbul. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore the city with your leader.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information