Journey through the Himalayan kingdoms of Nepal and Bhutan
Explore the Himalayan kingdoms of Nepal and Bhutan on a 17-day Premium adventure. Be blown away by the majestic snow peaks of the Himalaya mountains, explore the wild lands of Chitwan National Park, learn about black-necked Cranes in Phobjikha, uncover the sacred religions and devoted beliefs of the pilgrims, and find the secret to happiness in Bhutan. Discover spectacular landscapes, rich cultures and magnificent wildlife with experienced local leaders by your side on a journey to remember.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just £99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Experience two incredible Feature Stays – a stylish and elegant resort right on the border of Chitwan National Park, and a traditionally beautiful and eco-conscious resort tucked away in the gorgeous valley of Paro.
Get an intimate look at local culture with Exclusive Experiences, including a cooking class with the Seven Women social enterprise, lunch with a Tibetan community in Nepal, and a conversation with a senior monk at a monastery in Bhutan.
Witness world-class mountain scenery during a breathtaking Mount Everest flight and a picturesque hike through the inspiring landscapes of Pokhara.
Come face to face with rare and fascinating wildlife in the breathtaking Phobjika valley, including a visit to a protection and information centre for black-necked cranes, a Premium Exclusive Experience.
Climb to the teetering monastery of Taktsang (the Tiger's Nest) 900 metres above Paro’s valley floor and take in once-in-a-lifetime views.
Nepali infrastructure is still returning to normal after the 2015 earthquake, so some delays are inevitable. Embracing the slow pace and meditative atmosphere will go a long way toward your enjoyment of this beautiful country.
Prepare for some drives over narrow, winding roads. The drive from Pokhara to Chitwan is on very windy roads as you climb up and down mountains, there will be a lot of corners and don't forget to buckle up. In Bhutan short distances can take much longer due to small, narrow roads and mountain passes. Motion sickness can be an issue on longer driving days on windy roads.
A moderate fitness level is required for the hike in Pokhara and walks in Chitwan National Park. The hike to Tiger’s Nest can also be strenuous. The trek can take up to 5 hours and reach an altitude of 3120 metres.
Due to the high altitude of the places we visit in Bhutan some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
All meals are included due to the nature of travelling in Bhutan. This means there may be limited choices on some days.
1. Complimentary airport arrival and departure transfers are included. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Entry to Bhutan is very strict and travellers can only enter Bhutan on a group visa as part of a tour. All travellers must arrive on Day 9 and depart on Day 17 to be eligible for a group visa. At time of booking, please provide your booking agent with a scanned colour copy of your passport, a scanned colour passport photo, proof of travel insurance that includes coverage for Covid-19 and proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport). Fees may apply for adding or amending details within 60 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
5. Bhutan's airlines are renowned for last minute changes to flight timetables into and out of Bhutan. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours transit time before and after your flights into and out of Bhutan. Timetables are available on the Druk Airlines and Air Bhutan websites.
6. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The luggage allowance for domestic flights is 15kg for check in luggage and 5kg for carry on. The international flight between Nepal and Bhutan has a luggage allowance of 20kg for check in luggage and 5kg for carry on. While in Nepal, you can store excess luggage at the Kathmandu hotel.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information