Discover incredible wildlife and resilient culture in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya
Wild dreams come true on a 13-day Premium journey through Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya. Enter the world of rare mountain gorillas in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and spend a day tracking and observing these endearing creatures. See sombre reminders of Kigali’s devastating past, watch local life play out on the streets and witness a beautiful country that's continuously striving to move forward. Explore the vast plains of the Masai Mara from the comfort of four-wheel drive Landcruisers, with an expert local leader at the helm, meet Maasai warriors and learn about their way of life. This unforgettable journey is sure to stay etched on your mind forever.
Our biggest sale of the year is now on! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book now to save big.Terms & Conditions
With your gorilla permit included in the price of the trip, spend a day through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to get close to Uganda's rare mountain gorillas for an unforgettable hour. There’s also a chance to do a second trek that can be booked on request at an additional cost. Please refer to the itinerary for more details.
Wake up to spectacular views of the forest canopy during three nights at your carbon neutral feature stay, the Nkuringo Gorilla Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Sit down to dinner with a local park ranger, learning about life in the wilderness and their special relationships with the mountain gorillas.
Visit a local Maasai community known for championing Maasai women’s health and education. Be welcomed by traditional Maasai warrior song and dance and learn about this remarkable and ancient culture.
Stay in the heart of Lake Nakuru National Park, and The Masai Mara Game Reserve. Search for the Big Five on morning and afternoon 4x4 game drives, and enjoy a quintessential sundowner to end the day.
Visit Elsamere Conservation Centre to learn the story of Elsa and their conservation trust while enjoying a high tea lunch, then spot hippos and unique birdlife on a boat trip on Lake Naivasha.
Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, humid, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be pretty strenuous walking. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to 4 hours up and down hills (perhaps pack some gardening gloves to assist in any up-hill climbs). But the sheer thrill of coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty.
The gorilla trek is a shared activity. You may be split into different groups according to fitness level, and be accompanied by other travellers on your trek. However there will only be a maximum of 8 people per gorilla family, plus a local Uganda Wildlife Ranger, and trackers.
Purpose-built 4WD Safari Landcruisers are used for the duration of the trip.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many some starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
There's a long drive from Lake Mburo to Bwindi (approximately 6 hours) with plenty stops to rest and take photos, the journey will be just as beautiful as the destination.
1. This trip requires a higher non-refundable deposit (AUD1000, USD1000, EUR800, NZD1250, GBP650, CAD1000, ZAR8000, CHF900) in order to secure the included gorilla permit. Please note that we need to confirm availability of a gorilla permit if you are booking within 45 days of departure. The additional deposit paid at time of booking will be credited to the final balance of your booking.
2. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. This trip finishes after lunch in Nairobi on Day 13. Please do not book any flights out of Nairobi International Airport (JKIA) until after 8pm this evening. A departure transfer can be booked for an additional cost.
5. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Masai Mara is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
6. Please note that the Gorilla Permit included is only valid for one day on Day 4. For those who are interested for a second trek, please consult your booking agent about purchasing the second Gorilla Permit.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information