Uncover South American treasures in Chile, Argentina and Brazil
Soak up the warmth and charm of Chile, Argentina and Brazil on a 15-day Premium adventure. Pick up the tempo in artistic Santiago, travel through colourful Valparaiso, cross into Mendoza - the home of Argentinian Malbec, then get swept up in the tantalising mix of European and Latin flair in Buenos Aires. At the border with Brazil, experience the magnificent might of Iguazu Falls, before finally arriving in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Rio de Janeiro. Travel with passionate local leaders who will reveal the sights, sounds and tastes of their homelands.
Book your next adventure and save with up to 20% off 2022 trips. Five days only, ends 4 July.Terms & Conditions
Experience the best of Chile and Argentina with two fantastic Feature Stays. Sleep in a historical house in downtown Santiago and in Art Nouveau elegance in Buenos Aires.
Take your taste buds on a trip with Exclusive Experiences, including bodega tastings in Santiago, chorrillana in Valparaiso, an expert-lead winery tour in Mendoza and lunch at the Gastromotiva social enterprise in Rio.
Uncover the history of Rio during a full-day tour, including a guided walk around Rio’s Port area to learn about the area’s history as a slave-trade centre.
Travel through South America with experienced local leaders and gain an unmatched understanding of local cultures through interactions with the Guarani community near Iguazu Falls.
Discover the real Buenos Aires during Exclusive Experiences – a traditional asado feast in the home of a local, and a lively tango lesson with two professional dancers and an insider’s day tour of the El Tigre Delta.
During the colder months, usually between April and October, the border crossing between Chile and Argentina may be closed due to snowfalls. In that event, your emergency funds may be needed to purchase a flight between Santiago and Mendoza. Please see the 'Money matters' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 15kg for check in luggage and 5kg for carry on.
4. Full name exactly as per passport is required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for activity and transport bookings. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. Due to COVID restrictions, you may be required to take a PCR test before each border crossing. Please visit https://www.intrepidtravel.com/en/travel-alerts and stay up to date on testing requirements.
6. In addition to a negative PCR test, Traveler’s Affidavit, and health insurance, entry into Chile currently requires submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel. As this validation process can take a while, it is recommended that you submit your electronic validation request 30 days in advance of Travel. The link to submit and more information is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/. You must also take a PCR test upon arrival, and quarantine until results are returned. We recommend booking 1-2 pre nights before your trip to ensure no activities are missed.
7. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information