Hear it on the grapevine – cycling is the best way to explore California’s wine country
Combine wine, rugged coastline and the best Northern California has to offer as you cycle from stunning wine country to epic redwood forests and on to the rugged Pacific Ocean coast. With great weather, breathtaking scenery and over 500 vineyards, the valleys of Napa and Sonoma are a cyclist's paradise. Off the bike, you’ll find comfortable accommodation, wine tastings, amazing cuisine and a wealth of history to experience, and this cycling adventure takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy rather than race, making it a trip for every rider. If you're looking for an unforgettable vacation for all five of your senses, look no further.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Make your way through California’s most famous wine county the relaxed way – with plenty of breaks for tastings along the way.
Be (literally) dwarfed by nature in Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve, pedal through quaint Californian towns, past rolling fields and explore the petrified forest. With a leader that knows the area inside-out by your side, all you have to do is enjoy the journey.
Swap wine country for dramatic ocean views as you cycle alongside the Russian River all the way to the seal colonies of seaside Jenner.
The only thing better than the landscapes you’ll see and wine you’ll taste is the conversations you’ll have along the way, whether it’s the insights from your leader or stories from the group.
Taste local produce at its finest – from legendary wines to the freshest California cuisine – with a local leader’s expert insight to guide you to the best spots.
After an enjoyable day's ride enjoy a soft landing at your comfortable accommodation
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short the stunning terrain of northern California is naturally hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required – but given the occasional hills involved, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trip begins.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort, you have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Sonoma & the Napa Valley trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
2. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 9am on Day 1 and finishes upon arrival in Hyatt Regency San Francisco Downtown Soma on Day 6 around 3pm.
3. Paid parking is available at the hotel or the nearby El Cerrito Park & Ride - see the Transport Section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
6. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) or a road bike on this trip - this must be requested at the time of booking.
7. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
8. For groups of 6 or less clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes. Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
9. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please enquire at time of booking.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information