Base Camp. Two little syllables that conjure up dreams as immense and powerful as the Himalayan Mountains themselves. This 15-day trekking trip is your chance to make these dreams come true, to challenge yourself and discover both the majesty of the mountains and your own potential. Walk among giants of nature and revel in the sense of freedom that comes from leaving Wi-Fi and Netflix behind for card games in tiny teahouses, learning about Sherpa life and watching the sunrise over Everest. Plus, Intrepid's commitment to the rights and fair treatment of porters and trekking guides means you can rest assured knowing you’re doing the trek of a lifetime the ethical way.
In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in included flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts in Kathmandu on Day 1 at 2 pm. This allows time after the joining meeting to explore Kathmandu.
2. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip. You will be trekking on hilly terrain, generally on well-defined paths, walking anywhere between 2–7 hours per day, on average about 5 hours a day. Altitude may exceed 5545 metres.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement will only be included on Days 1,14 (Hotel) and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
5. You must bring an emergency fund of USD 500 in cash with you on this trip, which you may need to use in case of delayed or cancelled flights, as itinerary changes will be at the travellers expense.
6. We advise allowing a few extra days in Kathmandu at the end of your trip should your return flights from Lukla be delayed due to weather conditions.
7. The minimum age for this trip is 15 at time of travel.
8. Your health and safety is our priority. Your leader may delay or stop your ascent based on your medical conditions and AMS symptoms. Please ensure your insurance includes coverage for activities above 3000m, mountain rescue, and helicopter evacuation costs. Without adequate insurance cover, helicopter evacuation requires upfront payment.
9. You may be asked to provide 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit.
10. Please be aware that in the event of an emergency evacuation, Intrepid does not have control over which helicopter service may be used. Some helicopters are not in regular use with Intrepid and have not passed our internal safety auditing.
Filter by rating