Stay on a working ranch and see the world’s largest waterfall
Hug the eastern coastline of South America on a ten-day adventure. This down-to-earth adventure takes you from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro via Colonia del Sacramento, a working estancia and the spectacular Iguazu Falls. Embrace ranch life during your estancia stay and explore the grounds on horseback, wonder at the largest waterfall in the world and get a taste of Rio’s nightlife.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just £99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Soak up the cosmopolitan charms of Buenos Aires and explore the sights of its historic city centre on foot.
Spend three days at a working estancia (farm) in Uruguay, where you can spend your time getting involved in farm work, riding horses or simply relaxing in the sun.
Enjoy incredible home-cooking and hospitality during your estancia stay, and learn about Uruguay’s gauchos – legendary cowboys.
Stop in colourful Colonia del Sacramento, where vintage cars line the streets and an old drawbridge leads to the UNESCO-listed Old Quarter.
The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and you’ll cross the border to see it from both countries.
This trip involves some long travel days, including an overnight bus. The buses are well-equipped with comfortable reclining seats and on-board toilets. Snacks are provided but we recommend you also bring your own food in case you get hungry.
While at the estancia in Uruguay, you can choose to participate in the day-to day-activities of the farm as much or as little as you like. If you do choose to get involved, prepare for some early morning starts and to get your hands dirty when working directly with animals. The accommodation is multishare and meals are served family style. Please inform your booking agent if you have any dietary requirements.
1. This trip starts with n Orientation Walk at 1 pm on Day 1 in Buenos Aires. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation.
2. This trip ends on Day 10 and you are free to leave at any time.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement exclude Days 3,4,5 (Estancia) and Day 6 (Overnight Bus) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Please note you may require a Brazilian Visa for this trip. Processing can take around 2-5 weeks at the discretion of the embassy or consulate. Please speak with your travel agent well in advance for further advice.
5. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for bus tickets, train tickets. or flight tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
6.We highly recommend you take US Dollars with you to Argentina and change it locally. While ATMs are widely available, there is a daily limit for withdrawals and the exchange rate does fluctuate.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information