Fall in love with mystical Peru on this adventure tour
Travel through the soaring Inca heartland, from the beaches of Lima to the streets of Cuzco, high up in the Andes. Unlock the secrets of the many mystic sights as you explore the streets of Arequipa, trek along historic Inca pathways, explore the wildlife-studded Ballestas Islands and ramble over the ruins of Machu Picchu. From the colonial sights of Lima to the mighty Inca history in Cuzco, journey through the heart of Peru and discover the highlights of this fascinating country along the way.
This trip requires Inca Trail Permits. View permit availability here.
Spot penguins and boobies on the Ballestas Islands
Puzzle over the mysterious Nazca Lines
Visit the funerary towers at the Chauchilla Cemetery
Spot Andean condors in the Colca Canyon
Make new friends on a Peruvian village homestay
Follow in the steps of the ancient Peruvians on an Inca trek
Gaze on the crumbling beauty of Machu Picchu
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Lima to Cuzco trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip is run by our experienced overland partner Dragoman.
2. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.
3. At the time of booking you need to choose whether you wish to hike the Classic Inca Trail or Dragoman’s Wild Andes Trek (https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/wild-andes-trek). If you do not indicate a preference, Wild Andes Trek will be confirmed automatically.
Classic Inca Trail permits are sold on a request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavour to secure a permit for you. If Classic Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you will be booked on Wild Andes Trek instead.
The Classic Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Wild Andes Trek
Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
4. Please be aware that while hiking the Inca trek or the Quarry trek that you may be joined by passengers from other Intrepid & Geckos groups.
On June 30th Peruvian authorities released a new list of regulations for visiting Machu Picchu, which came into effect from July 1st. The main points impacting our visits are:
1. There is now a time limit to visit the citadel. Morning visitors must exit the site by 12pm and afternoon visitors by 4.30pm
2. Visitors must complete a designated circuit, in one direction only. Exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted and, upon completion, visitor must exit the site. There is no allowance for personal exploration of the site any longer.
Overall we support these changes as they help preserve this invaluable archaeological site. While this somehow restricts the amount of time we are now allowed to spend in Machu Picchu, we’ll do all possible to maximise your time there and make sure you have the best possible experience.
Our Lima to Cuzco trips score an average of 4.15 out of 5 based on 13 reviews in the last year.
Great adventure. Excellent crew. Good company.
Review submitted 27 Jul 2017
An excellent and rewarding experience, giving an insight into local culture and lifestyle while providing an opportunity to experience and visit some of the worlds most famous sights, don't underestimate how hard going the classic inca trail is!
Review submitted 16 Dec 2016