Take on one of the most popular hiking routes in Utah – the Coyote Gulch in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. This trekking trip is a true digital detox, as you’ll walk through sandstone structures that give you a glimpse of the land’s past by day and camp under a blanket of stars by night. Walk through Navajo sandstone walls that lead to cottonwood groves, cross flowing creeks to intimate waterfalls and explore Native American ruins of ages past, left by the Fremont people – the original dwellers of this land. Feast every night on backcountry meals after full-day hikes that give you the opportunity to see what Glen Canyon was like before being flooded by Lake Powell. Traverse underneath amazing arches, over a natural bridge and end with a memorable ascent out of the canyon.
Dates and availability
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. A pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM on the day before trip starts in St. George, Utah. Your guide will be in contact approximately 2 weeks before your trip starts to specify the orientation location. Early on the morning of day 1 your guide will pick you up at your hotel for transport to the trailhead. This trip concludes at approximately 7:00 PM on the last day.
7. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.