Say Konnichiwa to Japan – a diverse land of captivating culture, intriguing innovation and exceptional eats. You’ll get your fix of sushi and shopping in Tokyo before soaking up Kanazawa’s crazy Samurai culture (this is a great place to knock back a couple of glasses of sake, too). Wander gorgeous gardens and temples and then brush up on your world history at Hiroshima at the sobering Peace Park and Museum. Spy geishas in Kyoto’s Gion district and get your Tina Turner on at an Osaka karaoke bar – this trip has it all! Perfect for the independent traveller, you’ll also have loads of free time to customise your trip with activities and extras that you wanna do, so you won’t miss anything on your bucket list.
Dates and availability
1. A Single Supplement to have your own room is not currently available on this trip due to limited rooms at many of our properties.
2. This tour includes accommodation in multi-share dormitories in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. This means travellers on the same booking may be split between rooms due to single gender dormitories used.
3. Transport from one destination to the next is included, however to get around to optional activities in your free time you will need to buy your own public transport pass - your leader will assist you with the best value options.
4. It is essential that you pack light and compact for rail travel in Japan. There are size restrictions for luggage on Shinkansen trains. Luggage from 160cm to 250cm may require an additional JPY1000 oversize luggage fee per train journey. Luggage over 251cm will NOT be permitted on the Shinkansen trains at all. Please notify your tour leader at your Welcome Meeting if your luggage is from 160cm to 250cm so they can make the necessary arrangements.
5. We are currently unable to book pre or post trip accommodation at our start and finish point hotels due to limited room availability. We recommend booking a hotel of your choice through your booking agent.
6. We are not able to book airport shuttle service for Japan now. Japan has an extensive and efficient public transport system and the joining and finishing point instructions are listed in the Essential Trip Information.
Filter by rating