Leave behind the fast-moving streets of the Thai capital and take time out to experience Ayutthaya, a World Heritage-listed wonder near the border of Burma (Myanmar). Explore this ancient Siam capital with a knowledgeable local guide, and bear witness to timeworn temples, bell-shaped chedis and intricately carved relics of Thailand’s golden era. Travel onwards to the shady town of Kanchanaburi and pay tribute to the brave POWs who perished while building the infamous Hellfire Pass and Bridge on the River Kwai. Delve further into World War II history on a visit to the War Museum and Allied Cemetery before this historical sojourn completes the loop back in Bangkok. End the journey amid the buzz of night markets, sidewalk restaurants and colourful, chaotic streets.
Dates and availability
1. This Short Break Adventure starts at 8 am on Day 1 and finishes in the afternoon at approximately 2 pm on Day
2. You will be picked up on Day 1 from the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Trip Note Information for this itinerary. Pick-up will take place between 8 am and 8.30 am in the hotel foyer.
3. If you require pick up from another centrally-located hotel in Bangkok, please inform your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure.
4. You may enter Thailand under the scheme of ‘Test & Go’ which allows you to enter Thailand with only one day quarantine on arrival. Please check the specific requirements in the website below and we recommend you complete these requirements at least 14 days before arrival to allow time for possible delays in this process.
5. You’ll need to organize your T&G package with our start point hotel directly as it’s a package required by the government that will include one night accommodation, airport arrival transfer, 1 PCR test and 1 self-ATK test (for Day 5). Our start point hotels are approved SHA++ hotels to provide this package. Please check the hotel website for specific inclusions in the package and book directly with the hotel. Therefore, we won’t be able to provide booking for pre-trip accommodation or arrival airport transfer at this stage. Departure transfer is still bookable through us.
6. While this T&G scheme with 1-day quarantine is in place, we recommend you arrive at least 1 day before your trip so that you can complete this quarantine before the trip starts. Please inform your agent of your arrival date in Thailand so that our local team can help arrange your Day 5 self-test accordingly.
Filter by rating