Witness vast landscapes, natural wonders, towns rich in cultural traditions and modern cities humming with life on this epic journey through Africa. This 64-day odyssey takes you from cosmopolitan Cape Town to the bustling streets of Nairobi, travelling through immense canyons, green-clad mountains, gorgeous beaches and small villages. Encounter the sweeping beauty of the Serengeti, meet the San people, have close encounters with mountain gorillas and be warmed by Malawi. Camp on balmy beaches in Tanzania, trek through steamy rainforest and see cheeky chimps at play in Uganda. With unforgettable inclusions plus plenty of freedom, this adventure was designed for curious travellers with a strong independent streak.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 7 to 9 (Chalet) and Day 17(Camping with facilities) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2.This trip requires a higher non-refundable deposit (AUD 1000, USD 1000, EUR 800, NZD 1250, GBP 650, CAD 1000, ZAR 8000, CHF 900) in order to secure the included gorilla permit. Please note that we will need to confirm the availability of a gorilla permit if you are booking within 45 days of the departure date. The additional deposit paid at time of booking will be credited to the final balance of your booking.
3. Optional sunrise balloon rides in the Serengeti National Park and Masai Mara National Reserve are possible on this itinerary. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to secure spot for this optional activity.
4. This trip is a combination of UXOF, YXOS, YXON, YXOQ and YXOG our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on days 22, 38, 41 and 49.
5. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have more than 22 passengers as we have a few tours that overlap in Zanzibar.
6. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 64. Please do not book any flights until after 10 pm on this evening.
Filter by rating