Discover the Himalayan beauty of Nepal on a trip from Kathmandu
Travel to Nepal and enjoy a four-day adventure through some of the spectacular countryside surrounding Kathmandu. Trek from Shivapuri to Bhaktapur and meet with monks, watch a spectacular sunrise and explore medieval towns - always in view of the vast Himalayas. Along the way, stay in simple yet comfortable teahouses, and get an up close look at Nepalese life.
Excellent taste of trekking in Nepal without long commitment required or an extensive packing list
Diverse styles of accommodation and the ability to see all the different aspects of life in Nepal
Exploring beautiful Kathmandu valley and visit Changu Narayan, oldest temple in Nepal
See the many historic and holy sites of Nepal and discover the cultural roots of the Nepalese people
Gain wonderful insight into what local life is like in the rural areas of Nepal outside of Kathmandu
Short Break style means small group - you will be with others if others book on same date, otherwise may have trek to yourself
Low altitude trek, great for first time trekker
This is a join-in trip rather than a scheduled group trip, so if other travellers have booked on the same date you will share included activities but you may also be lucky enough to have the trek to yourself.
While no where near as challenging as a multi-day trek at altitude such as Everest Base Camp, you will still need excellent fitness for this trek as you will be trekking 5-7 hours a day on Days 1-3.
Take note of the time of year you are trekking to know what to expect weather wise. While June-August is monsoon, weather conditions can be unpredictable at any time of the year including rain and fog which can make views cloudy and the ground muddy.
A duffel bag is provided on this trip, along with a porter. Your porter can carry up to 8kg per traveller. Other luggage can be left in Kathmandu.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Kathmandu Valley Trek trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts in Kathmandu on day 1 at approx 8.30am and finishes in Kathmandu on day 4 at approx 1.00pm. Please meet at our Kathmandu office the day prior to the tour start at 5.00pm for a pre-departure meeting.
2. This is a join-in trip rather than a scheduled group trip, so if other travellers have booked on the same date you will share included activities.
3. If you have booked on this trip by yourself and without other travel companions, then you will be assigned a single room on this trip on Days 2 & 3. Other nights will be in shared accommodation.
4. This trip was previously called Inside-Out Kathmandu.
5. Please be aware that in the event of an emergency evacuation, Intrepid does not have control over which helicopter service may be used. Some helicopters are not in regular use with Intrepid and have not passed our internal safety auditing.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information