Explore classic Rajasthan on an adventurous tour through northern India
The enchanting northern state of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our classic adventure, we discover the fierce history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces. Stroll markets, search for the elusive Bengal tiger, enjoy a shared meal with a family in Pushkar, and soak up the culture of the local people. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan.
Make your dream trip a reality with discounts ranging up to 30% off your next Intrepid adventure.Terms & Conditions
This is our most popular trip to Rajasthan and one of the top-selling trips in our entire range. Opulent, whimsical, and endlessly fascinating – Rajasthan will no doubt capture your imagination and your heart too.
Don't worry if you find the idea of travelling to India daunting at first - your local leader will be on hand to give you all the insider info to help you have a memorable experience of this captivating, but sometimes challenging, country.
Walk past hills, shimmering lakes, and marble palaces of Udaipur – India’s most romantic city and one of our favourites. Read more about why here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/venice-of-the-east-india-udaipur/
Watch the sunset from a rampart on Fort Madhogarh, one of our heritage hotels (and a former royal residence) that will be your accommodation while here.
Keep your adrenaline charged with an evening tiger-spotting safari among the lakes and jungles of one of India's best known national parks - Ranthambhore.
Visit our local friends in their home on the border of sacred Pushkar Lake and the evocative Thar Desert. Share a meal together and gain insight into local life.
Could any visit to India be complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal? Here's what you need to know about your visit: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/taj-mahal-travel-guide/
We include some key sights in each destination as well as aim to provide some free time for you to make your own discoveries. Past travellers have found that some research before they travel on what they are most interested in seeing and doing has allowed them to maximise their time in each place.
While there is no guarantee you will see a tiger during your safari in Ranthambhore, you may have a chance to see a variety of other wildlife, including hyenas, jackals, deer, langurs, marsh crocodiles, wild boars, and birdlife.
Make sure your luggage is light and compact enough to be able to carry it up and down multiple flights of stairs (ie. in train stations, hotels without elevators).
There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take between six to eight hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers, and the diverse scenery. We are covering a lot of this vast country during the trip, so the journey is all part of the India experience.
It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening, particularly in the desert. Layers are one of the best ways to tackle this disparity in weather. We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Classic Rajasthan trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. We require a scanned copy of your passport bio page at the time of booking to secure a permit for your Ranthambhore National Park visit. Authorities at Ranthambhore NP follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive correct passport details in time we cannot guarantee you on the tiger safari.
2. This trip travels back to Delhi on the afternoon of day 14 arriving into the capital around 11 pm. Please do not book departure flights out until at least 4 am on day 15 to allow for delays
3. A Single Supplement is available on this trip and covers all nights.
4. The Pushkar Camel Fair is held in late October and early November. Please see the 'Climate and seasonal information' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
5. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate from September 1st to April 31st and last approximately 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments, and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD 260pp (subject to change). Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions (tickets are fully refundable in case of bad weather).
6. Due to animal welfare concerns, we no longer include camel riding on this itinerary.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information