Experience the best East Africa offers on a 43-day in-depth adventure from Zimbabwe to Kenya. From the cascading beauty of Victoria Falls to the fragrant delights of Zanzibar's spice plantations, the peaceful shores of Lake Malawi to the bustling activity of Nairobi, this trip features vibrant landscapes, local village communities and the renowned African wildlife. Spot elephants in Zimbabwe, see lions in the Serengeti and track gorillas in Uganda – your animal expeditions alongside the natural wonders and colourful cultures of this unique region will surely make for some unforgettable moments.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2.This trip requires a higher non-refundable deposit (AUD 1000, USD 1000, EUR 800, NZD 1250, GBP 650, CAD 1000, ZAR 8000, CHF 900) in order to secure the included gorilla permit. Please note that we need to confirm availability of a gorilla permit if you are booking within 45 days of departure. The additional deposit paid at time of booking will be credited to the final balance of your booking.
3. Optional sunrise balloon rides in the Serengeti National Park and Masai Mara National Reserve are possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
4. This trip is a combination of YXOS, YXON, YXOQ and YXOG our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on days 17, 20 and 28.
5. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
6. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 43. Please do not book any flights until after 10 pm this evening.