Explore medieval medinas and cross mountain passes on this cycling adventure
Desert sands and snow-topped mountains. Red cliff gorges and seaside paths. Hairpin turns and alpine passes. Explore them all in the most immersive way possible on this 14-day cycling tour through Morocco, a land overflowing with mystery, history and culture. A place where the people welcome you with endless stories and the landscape offers endless diversity. Where you can see beaches, deserts, forests, mountains, and orchards. From Marrakesh circle the country through Tangier, Chefchaouen, medieval Fes, the cool of the High Atlas Mountains and the heat of the Sahara, and the ancient city of Ait Benhaddou.
Cycling allows you to get closer to authentic Morocco, whether you're riding around the backstreets of Marrakech or stopping for tea with nomads in the Mgoun Valley.
Ride a camel through the dramatic red dunes of the Sahara Desert at sunset, then settle in to your camp and enjoy a Moroccan feast under the stars.
Pedal diverse and captivating terrain, from lively medinas to Mediterranean Coast and the fabulous hairpins of the Dades Gorge.
Step into the Middle Ages on a guided walk through the secret shortcuts and twisting alleyways of Fes’ Medina.
End rewarding days in the saddle with hearty local meals like a feast in Djemma el-Fna and a traditional goat dinner in Mgoun Valley.
To enjoy this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. An e-bike option is available.
This trip features terrain with some long inclines so a good level of cycling fitness is required to fully enjoy the itinerary. You always have the option to use our included support vehicle at any time for your comfort.
Accommodation on this trip includes a mountain gite, a desert camp and basic hotels.
Transport on this trip includes an overnight train journey. Details on this mode of transport can be found in the Important Notes section.
When travelling in Morocco, temperatures can get incredibly hot in summer and surprisingly cool in winter. Have a think about what time of year suits you best to travel.
In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Morocco trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking that we can ensure a suitable sized bike is arranged.
3. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. Morocco gets very warm in summer (June, July, August) so our leader may opt to shorten or reroute rides to ensure travelers' health and safety is not compromised.
6. In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 23 April through until 22 May. Some regular services may not be available or open during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars.
7. There's an overnight train on Day 2 of the trip. The train has four-berth couchette compartments with upper and lower bunks on each side, so you may be sharing a confined space with people outside of your travel group. this train is occasionally cancelled at very late notice, meaning we take a minivan instead.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information