Traditions, temples, village life, and cultural immersion in Indonesia
From the fervent pace of Jakarta to the back alleys of Ubud, the islands of Bali and Java are Indonesia’s most celebrated duo – a treasure trove of beautiful beaches, rolling hills and dynamic cities. Be charmed by Indonesia’s rich cultural heritage, witness traditional dance performances and explore ornate temples. Get to the heart of life on this famous archipelago by visiting rice paddies and remote villages and learning about the region’s traditional arts and crafts. And that’s not all. You’ll also join royalty at a palace in Ubud for a special dinner and traditional dance performance. This very special tour is an adventure like no other!
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Board a private yacht and take in Bali’s breathtaking southern coastline around Nusa Dua and the Bukit Peninsula as you watch the sunset and enjoy a delicious barbeque dinner.
Discover Bali’s culture and traditions during exclusive activities like a Ramayana ballet and Balinese Legong dance performance, a storytelling lunch, and a purification blessing.
Immerse yourself in the stories of the royal family and learn about Bali’s cultural traditions royal family life as you dine on a meal fit for a king at a royal palace in Ubud.
Learn about local village life with village visits that include strolling through rice fields, learning about jewellery and crafts, and whipping up local specialities at an authentic cooking class.
Spend three nights at your tranquil Feature Stay, Arkamara Dijiwa in Ubud, surrounded by tropical foliage and the sound of birds. Located on the edge of town, this serene oasis offers a perfect place to relax in the pool after long days exploring the sites and culture of Bali.
1. To view mountain tops for sunrise, we must start very early! Your sunrise breakfast near Mt Batur will require a departure around 4:30 am. The view at sunrise is well worth the early wake up, especially if the weather's fine!
2. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. There are a limited number of single supplements available per trip departure. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Java and Bali trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Bali is blessed with a consistent climate for most of the year. However, the rainy season (usually October–March) brings frequent downpours. The good news is that these rainy bursts don't last long, and it is usually still warm.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information