Treat your senses on this Northern India family holiday
On this trip your family be diving headfirst into India’s heart and experiencing the genuineness of its people, the weight of its history and the incredible diversity across the country. Travel from cities packed with impressive monuments to the welcoming and simple surrounds of rural villages and the wildlife-filled countryside beyond. Hop aboard the moving town that is an Indian train and watch the colourful landscape fly by as the chai wallah walks down the aisle singing about his tea. Go beyond the curries and chow down on street-food specialties, savoury chaats and samosas and enjoy watching your family learn, laugh and live this India adventure.
Everyone’s seen a photo of the Taj Mahal, but nothing compares to seeing it in person in the glowing morning light – you and your family will understand what beauty really is.
Feel the excitement build as you visit Ranthambhore National Park to hopefully catch a glimpse of a Bengal tiger stalking through the jungle.
Experience the moving town that is an Indian train – watch the colourful landscape fly by as the chai wallah walks down the aisle singing about his tea
India is bursting with colour, alive with people, dripping with the powerful smells of spice and incense – you and your family will never forget what you smell, taste and see as you walk through the markets and bazaars
Enjoy classic, historical accommodation and a softer landing in this chaotic country on this comfort trip
This trip involves some long bus and train rides, which can be tiresome but offer a quintessential experience of the Indian landscape and people.
Sleeper trains are clean and air-conditioned and a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow and blanket provided (although some families prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet).
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Northern India Family Holiday Comfort trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
2. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
3. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
4. This trip starts in Delhi on Day 1 at 1pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Delhi.
5. Intrepid requires a scanned copy of your passport bio page at time of booking to secure a permit for your Ranthambore National Park visit. Authorities at Ranthambhore NP follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive correct passport details in time we cannot guarantee you on the tiger safari.
6. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information