Explore the National Parks of the USA’s wild west
Deserts, canyons, lakes and valleys await on a five-day adventure through western USA’s most spectacular national parks. Hike through the diverse scenery of Zion National Park, marvel at sandstone spires in Bryce Canyon National Park, join a Navajo guide to learn about the history of Monument Valley and take in one of the natural wonders of the world at Grand Canyon National Park. Let an expert local guide share stories of the landscape and discover there’s more to each destination than what meets the eye.
Experience the laidback Southwestern lifestyle and travel through the very heart of Utah!Terms & Conditions
Hike through the varied landscapes of Zion National Park, taking in views of massive canyon walls and red sandstone cliffs as you go.
Learn about the culture and history of Monument Valley during a Navajo guided tour, followed by a traditional homecooked, family-style Navajo lunch.
Stroll along the canyon rim in Bryce Canyon National Park to admire the out-of-this-world sandstone spires known as hoodoos.
Kayak across the waters of Lake Powell, weaving your way past fascinating rock formations as your leader shares stories of the lake’s history.
Marvel at one of the nation’s greatest national parks, The Grand Canyon, and walk around the rim, hike into the canyon or take an optional helicopter ride overhead.
The trip involves a lot of walking through Zion National Park and Bryce National park, so be prepared with hiking shoes, a water bottle and day pack.
Lunches will be simple picnic style so perhaps bring some of your own snacks if you think you’ll get hungry between meals.
We will be travelling to the desert, which means it is often very warm during the day but cold at night, so make sure you pack the appropriate clothing for all weather.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Western USA National Parks Loop trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 8 am on Day 1 in Las Vegas. Please make your own way to the Joining Point listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. On the final day, this trip finishes at approximately 4 pm on arrival in Las Vegas. You will be dropped at the same location as the joining point. If departing this day, please do not book any flights before 8 pm.
3. There is no accommodation included in Las Vegas on this trip. If you wish to spend more time in Las Vegas, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Please ensure you have checked local state information regarding COVID-19 restrictions and regulations before you travel.
6. During the months of November and December we are often unable to kayak on Lake Powell. Instead we will explore Peekaboo Canyon or Antelope Canyon by foot instead.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information