This is an unforgettable expedition into the most mountainous corner of the world. First conquered by Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary in 1953, Everest is the ultimate goal for mountaineers and adventure seekers. Become one of the people who can say they’ve conquered the challenge of reaching Everest Base Camp. Flying into Lukla, explore the mountains and valleys around the towering peak, rest in Nepalese teahouses, visit monasteries, explore the stunning Gokyo Lakes region, learn about the traditions and cultures of the famous Sherpa and spend time in exotic Kathmandu.
In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see Day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts in Kathmandu on Day 1 at 2 pm. This allows time after the joining meeting to explore Kathmandu.
2. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip. You will be trekking on hilly terrain, generally on well-defined paths, walking anywhere between 2-7 hours per day, on average about 5 hours a day. Altitude may exceed 5545 metres.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement will only be included on Days 1,18 (Hotel) and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see Day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
5. You must bring an emergency fund of 500 USD in cash with you on this trip, which you may need to use in case of delayed or cancelled flights. This is especially important should you choose to opt to take a helicopter as this will be at the travellers expense.
6. We advise allowing a few extra days in Kathmandu at the end of your trip should your return flights from Lukla be delayed due to weather conditions.
7. The minimum age for this trip is 15 at time of travel.
8. You may be asked to provide 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit.
9. Please be aware that in the event of an emergency evacuation, Intrepid does not have control over which helicopter service may be used. Some helicopters are not in regular use with Intrepid and have not passed our internal safety auditing.
Filter by rating