This enthralling jungle adventure allows total immersion into the wild beauty of the Amazon in Peru. Walk through abundant rainforest, cruise along murky waterways, spot exotic wildlife and learn about the healing properties of native plants. This tour is an excellent introduction to the friendly people and amazing creatures of the Amazon.
Dates and availability
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travelers in the group might change during the trip. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travelers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own. This is a join in trip where you will be joined by other like minded travelers on transfers, at the jungle lodge and during jungle activities.
2. You must arrive to Puerto Maldonado by 1pm on day 1 of the trip. As you will be picked from the airport by a lodge representative, it is imperative that you inform us your arrival flight details into Puerto Maldonado at least 15 days prior to the start of the trip. Please note the complimentary transfer can only be used on the start day of this trip.
3. On the final day you will take a morning motorized canoe back to Puerto Maldanado port and a transfer to the airport. Please do not book any flights prior to 11:45am
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport). Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure. Delays to provide this information may result in third party booking fees.
5. Age restrictions apply to this trip - minimum age 5.
Filter by rating